Chicken Peralen/ Kozhi Perattiyathu(Chicken Dry Roast Curry kerala Style)
Chicken - 500g , Turmeric Powder - 1 Teaspoon , Black Pepper Powder - 1 Teaspoon , Homemade Spices mix powder/ Irachi masala - 1 teaspoon , Coconut oil - 3 tablespoon , Ginger - 2 Inch Root , Garlic - 4 Fat Cloves , Big onion - 1 Number , Shallots/Pearl Onion/Kochully - 100g , Green Chilly - 2 or 3 , Curry leaves - A Handful , , Tomato - 1 big ,Kashmiri Chilli Powder - 1 tablespoon , Coriander Powder - 1 ½ Tablespoon , Curry leaves - Few , Coconut Oil - 1 Teaspoon , Salt - As per your taste .
For Ingredients To Grind:
Fennel Seed/ Perumjeerakam -3 pinches , Cinnamon stick/ Patta - A small stick(cut into small) , Cardamom/Elakka - 3 Numbers , Cloves/Grambu - 8 Numbers.
Preparation for Chicken Peralen :
- In a big bowl, place chicken pieces and ingredients for marinating. Mix well and keep aside for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wide non-stick pan, add chopped ginger and garlic. Fry until golden.
- Add onion (Both small and big), green chilli and curry leaves. Sauté one minute.
- Add tomato, stir 1 minute.
- Lower the heat, close and cook for next 3 to 5 minutes or the mixture become soft.
- Add chilli and coriander powder, mix well.
- Close the pan again for 1 to 2 minutes (In lower flame) for combine the spices with the tomato onion gravy .
- Uncover the pan, add marinated chicken pieces and salt for chicken. Mix and stir well in a medium heat.
- Cook chicken in a lower heat for next ten minute. (Uncover and stir occasionally).
- In a mixer jar (small jar), place ingredients to grind. Grind and make a crushed form. (do this process on time for the fresh taste and aroma ).
- Add it to the chicken curry, mix and sauté well.
- Close and cook it again (lower heat) next 2 to 3 minutes or until the gravy thickens.
- Taste the curry, add salt if need. Add few curry leaves, sprinkle some coconut oil, combine and fry them few minutes.
- When the gravy well coated with each chicken pieces, turn off the heat close the pan tightly and leave it few hours for setting .
- Reheat and serve with boiled rice, chappathi, porota, pathiri, nan etc enjoy!