Andhra Style Green Chilli Chicken Recipe
250 grams Chicken, (boneless) cut into small pieces, 2 tablespoons Curd (Dahi / Yogurt) 1 tablespoon Ginger paste, 1 tablespoon Garlic paste, 1 tablespoon Green chilli paste, 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi), Salt, as required
For Green Masala:
1/2 cup Coriander (Dhania) Leaves, chopped, 5 Curry leaves
1 onion , Finely chopped, 1 tablespoon Ghee, 3 Green Chillies, 4 sprig Curry leaves, 1 tablespoon Soy sauce , Salt, as needed.
- To begin making the Andhra Style Green Chilli Chicken recipe, wash chicken and strain the water nicely.
- Mix chicken with curd, ginger garlic paste, green chilli paste, turmeric, salt and marinade in fridge for at least an hour.
- Meanwhile prepare the green masala by grinding coriander leaves, curry leaves and cumin seeds to make a fine paste. Set aside.
- Heat oil or ghee in a non stick pan and add curry leaves, chopped onions and green chilies. Saute till the onion is translucent.
- Now add soy sauce and 2-3 tablespoon of green masala prepared. Mix well.
- Add the marinaded chicken (discard excess curd water) and fry with the green masala mix till the moisture evaporates and the chicken is tender and nicely cooked.
- Season with salt as needed and add some more fresh chopped green coriander on top. Turn off the heat and serve hot.
- Serve Andhra Style Green Chilli Chicken with Tomato Onion Sambar and Steamed Rice for a weekday dinner.